This is one cake your friends won't have had! With honey, yoghurt, vanilla, pistachios and peaches, this cake is made with quinoa, meaning it's gluten-free.
- ½ cup honey
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 185 g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 ¾ cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 2 cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- ½ cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 425 g canned peach slices in juice, drained on a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm round pan. In a large bowl, combine honey, eggs, yoghurt, sugar, butter and vanilla. Beat with electric beaters until combined.
- Mix in cooled quinoa. Fold in the flour and half the pistachios. Layer mixture and peaches into the pan, finishing with peaches and remaining pistachios.
- Bake for 1 hr 15 min or until cooked. Let cool 10 min. Glaze with honey if desired. Serve with thick vanilla yoghurt.
Use fresh peaches or apples if they are available.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||80.1 g|
|- Sugars||39.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.5 g|