For those who love their gin and tonics, this one is for you! Similar to a granita, this iced cocktail dessert will wow guests at your next summertime soiree.
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup gin
- 450 ml tonic water
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 eggwhite
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon, to serve
- finely grated zest of 1 lime, to serve
- Place sugar and 1½ cups of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Once dissolved, boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat and cool.
- Add gin, tonic, zests and juices.
- Pour into a 1 litre freezer-proof container and freeze for 6–8 hours. Tip into a bowl and mix with a fork to break up ice and zests. Return to container and freeze again. When almost frozen, repeat process, then whisk eggwhite for about 20 seconds until frothy and stir through crush and freeze until frozen.
- To serve, scrape crush into chilled glasses and garnish with extra lemon and lime zests.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||277.2 g|
|- Sugars||266.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.6 g|