Recipe by: Better Homes and Gardens
With a nod to Italian influences, adding basil to your scrambled eggs is definitely worth waking up for. Spinach and tomatoes make a great substitute for bread.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tomatoes, halved
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup plain yoghurt
- ⅓ bunch basil, leaves chopped, plus extra to garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 175 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add tomatoes and cook, cut-side down, over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and beginning to soften. Transfer tomatoes to serving plates.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs in a large jug with yoghurt, 2 tbsp water and basil. Season.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over a medium heat. Add spinach, stirring until wilted. Remove from pan and set aside, keeping warm. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until egg is scrambled and just set.
- Spoon wilted spinach onto plates and top with scrambled egg and garnish with extra basil. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.2 g|
|- Sugars||7.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.4 g|