Tasty salmon skewers pack a protein punch while brown rice adds bonus antioxidants and fibre to the usual fried rice. Skewers only need 20 minutes to marinate.
- 2 x 100 g boneless skinless salmon fillets, cut into cubes
- 8 green shallots, ½ cut into 4cm lengths, ½ finely sliced
- 2 tsp Shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tsp mirin
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 tsp grated ginger
- 1 fresh long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup edamame beans or peas
- 2 small pak choy, thinly sliced
- 250 g microwave brown rice, heated
- Thread alternating salmon pieces and shallot lengths onto 2 presoaked bamboo skewers. Mix vinegar, soy and mirin in a small bowl then brush ½ over skewers. Cover and set aside at room temp for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan or wok over a high heat. Add ginger, chilli and garlic, and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add edamame or peas, pak choy and sliced shallots. Fry for 1 minute then add rice and stir-fry until heated through.
- Grill skewers, brushing with remaining marinade halfway through, for 2 minutes each side or until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve glazed skewers on top of fried brown rice.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.8 g|
|- Sugars||5.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.0 g|