This flavoursome superfood salad is filled to the brim with nutrients thanks to eggs, nuts, vegies and yoghurt. It's a fabulous vegetarian salad option.
- 150 g burghul wheat
- 2 eggs
- 60 g baby kale, roughly chopped
- 20 g whole hazelnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 3 green shallots, roughly chopped
- 50 g pomegranate arils
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 100 ml low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped dill sprigs
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- ¼ clove garlic, minced
- sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Put burghul in a medium bowl and pour 125ml boiling water over. Mix well, cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Drain then put in cold water until cooled. Peel, cut in half and set aside.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender with 2 tbsp water and blend until smooth. Season.
- Break up burghul with a fork and add remaining ingredients, except eggs. Pour in dressing, toss to coat then top with eggs. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||58.6 g|
|- Sugars||9.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||18.4 g|