Pesto and semi-dried tomatoes add instant flavour to chicken – and it’s still healthy. The best bit about this dish? All the cooking is done in the microwave!
- 2 x 230 g skinless chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 120 g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 large orange or yellow capsicum, cut into 2cm thick strips
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup semi-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Cut four 30 x 40cm pieces of baking paper. Sit paper pieces in a single layer on a flat surface and put 1 chicken fillet piece in centre of each.
- Top each with mushrooms, capsicum strips, spinach, tomatoes and pesto. Season.
- Join the 2 long sides of paper together in middle. Fold paper several times to enclose chicken. Fold over other ends several times to enclose chicken completely. Secure parcels closed with kitchen string.
- Put 2 chicken parcels on a microwave-proof plate and microwave on high/100% for 7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Repeat with remaining chicken parcels.
- Set aside parcels for 2 minutes to cool slightly. To serve, open parcels, taking care as escaping steam will be hot.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||6.5 g|
|- Sugars||3.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.3 g|