Beautiful barramundi fillets are topped with a herby breadcrumb crust, served on a bed of fresh baby greens with radish, mixed seeds, lemon & a pinch of chilli.
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 4 x 180 g square-cut barramundi fillets, deboned, skinned
- 100 g unsalted butter, chopped, softened
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Pernod
- ¼ brown onion, very finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- ½ bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby salad leaves
- ¼ cup mixed seeds (such as sunflower, pepitas and toasted sesame)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Season barramundi then brush with a little of the butter. Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook fish for 5 minutes then turn over. Add pernod and remaining butter and cook, basting often with pan juices, for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp of the remaining oil in a second pan over a medium heat and cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add breadcrumbs and garam masala and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted. Transfer mixture to a large bowl and stir in parsley. Season then set aside.
- Combine radishes, salad leaves and seeds in a large bowl. Add vinegar and remaining oil. Season with a little chilli and salt. Serve fish topped with breadcrumb mixture, along with salad and lemon wedges on the side.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||17.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.7 g|
|- Sugars||5.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g|