With no-cooking needed, these nutty energy balls are sweetened by natural sugars in dates, maple syrup and dried apricots –they're a great snack to have stored.
- 1 cup pistachios
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates (170g), thinly sliced
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ⅓ cup diced dried apricots
- ¼ cup crunchy almond spread
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Process ¾ cup of pistachios in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Place remaining pistachios and almonds in same food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. Add dates, coconut, apricots, almond spread, cacao powder and syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Using wet hands, roll 2 tbsp of mixture into balls. Roll in pistachios to coat. Place on a tray. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
Any flavoured nut spread can be used in this recipe. Balls can be made up to two weeks ahead. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze for up to two months.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||16.1 g|
|- Sugars||14.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|