These gluten-free quinoa and coconut pots are mixed with honey, Greek yoghurt and coconut milk, and topped with fruit – they make a fab brekkie on-the-go.
- ¾ cup white quinoa
- 400 ml canned light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 x 200 g tubs Greek yoghurt
- 1 mango, chopped
- 125 g punnet fresh blueberries
- Rinse quinoa under cold water. Drain. Combine quinoa, milk, water and honey in a medium saucepan over a high heat.
- Bring to boil. Boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until thick and most of the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a heatproof bowl. Cool slightly. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Stir half the yoghurt into quinoa mixture. Divide among four glass jars or containers (1-cup capacity). Top evenly with remaining yoghurt. Divide mango and blueberries over yoghurt. Seal and refrigerate overnight. Serve.
If you prefer, replace Greek yoghurt with coconut yoghurt or other flavoured yoghurt of your choice. Any chopped fruit or cereal can be used on top of quinoa pots to serve.
Pots can be made two days ahead.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||32.1 g|
|- Sugars||25.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.4 g|