Pretty dessert pots will make a very delicious finish to a very special meal. With fresh blackberries, these creamy pots are bursting with juicy flavour.
- 2 x 125 g punnets fresh blackberries
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Extra fresh blackberries, to decorate
- Process blackberries in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve. Discard seeds. You will need 2/3 cup berry puree.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heatproof jug sitting in a small pan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool to room temperature.
- Beat yolks and sugar in a small bowl of an electric mixer until thick and pale. Add cream. Beat until thickened. Fold in yoghurt, berry puree and gelatine.
- Pour into four serving glasses (1-cup capacity). Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight, until set.
- Serve with extra yoghurt. Decorate with extra blackberries.
Mousse can be made up to two days ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Replace blackberries with any berries in season.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||72.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||89.0 g|
|- Sugars||84.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||12.9 g|