A delicious prawn dish in a tomato & white wine sauce, with chilli, garlic & creamy feta cheese. Serve it with crusty bread & lemon for full Greek experience.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh long red chilli, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 1 cup passata
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup water
- 4 vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 kg medium raw prawns, peeled, leaving tails intact and deveined
- 100 g Greek feta
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- lemon wedges, to serve
- crusty bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large, ovenproof, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add garlic, onion and chilli. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add passata, wine, water and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Boil gently, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in prawns. Crumble feta over top.
- Transfer pan to a hot oven (200C). Cook for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until prawns are cooked.
- Serve prawns with combined parsley and rind, lemon and crusty bread.
Sauce can be made a day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Reheat before adding prawns and feta.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||9.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.6 g|