Butternut pumpkin and pan-fried rump steaks, drizzled with a Greek yoghurt, lemon juice, paprika and garlic dressing, and served with sultana & rocket salad.
- 600 g lamb rump steaks, trimmed of excess fat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 800 g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 120 g rocket leaves
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup sultanas
- lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin until almost tender. Drain well.
- To make yoghurt sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat an oiled, large, nonstick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a high heat. Add pumpkin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Drizzle yoghurt sauce over lamb. Serve with pumpkin and combined rocket, onion and sultanas. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Thin out sauce with a little water as required. Drain pumpkin well before adding to pan. Dressing can be made up to one week ahead. Keep refrigerated.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.6 g|
|- Sugars||19.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.0 g|