Oven-baked, panko-crumbed salmon fillets are served with a honey-spiked curry sauce and fresh greens. All ready in under 30 minutes, it's a great weekday meal.
- 4 x 125 g pieces boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 ½ cups medium-grain rice
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 400 g savoy cabbage, shredded
- thinly sliced green spring onions, to garnish
- 50 g butter, chopped
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- Dip salmon in eggs and coat in crumbs. Place on an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water until tender. Stir in carrots and cabbage in the last minute of cooking. Drain. Keep warm.
- To make curry sauce, melt butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in curry powder. Cook until fragrant. Slowly whisk in stock until smooth. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in sauce and honey.
- Serve salmon with rice mixture and sauce. Garnish with spring onions.
Sauce can be made the day before. Cool and cover surface with cling wrap before refrigerating. Reheat before serving. Stir in a little water to thin out sauce if you prefer.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||95.1 g|
|- Sugars||7.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.1 g|