A great vegetarian side salad at a bring-a-plate get-together! Beetroots are roasted in the oven with fennel, and served with a feta, avo and pepita seed salad.
- 3 medium bulbs fresh beetroot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 100 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, sliced
- 100 g Greek feta, crumbled
- ⅓ cup balsamic roasted garlic dressing
- pepitas, to serve
- Cut beetroot into 3cm wedges. Place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Sprinkle over fennel seeds.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 25 minutes, or until tender. Remove and cool.
- To serve, gently toss beetroot in a large serving bowl with spinach, avocado, feta and dressing. Scatter over pepitas.
Beetroot can be cooked up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge. Any variety of salad dressing can be used in this salad.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||4.7 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|