Beef steak dinner with potatoes gets an update thanks to a fresh salad side of cucumber, spinach, toasted walnuts, dried cranberries and red wine vinegar.
- 800 g chat potatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 x 150 g beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
Spinach cranberry salad
- 140 gram fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 4 green spring onions thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Place potatoes in a single layer on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle over 1 tblsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, toss beef in a bowl with honey, mustard and 1 tblsp of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over medium to high heat. Add beef. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil.
- To make salad, combine all ingredients with remaining oil in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Thinly slice beef. Serve with salad and potatoes.
To toast walnuts, place in a single layer over a small oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Cool.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.1 g|
|- Sugars||24.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||5.9 g|