Pork is drenched in a tomato and caper sauce, then paired with risoni, which is given an extra flavour hit thanks to the addition of garlic & cucumber.
- 600 g pork leg steaks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 ripe tomatoes (1kg), chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp drained, baby capers
- 1 ½ cups risoni
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Toss pork with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season.
- To make risoni, cook in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Return pan to a low heat with 1 tbsp of the oil. Add zucchini and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Stir in risoni. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add pork in batches of two to three pieces. Cook for about 1 minute on each side, or until cooked. Remove.
- Add 1/3 cup water to same frying pan over a medium heat. Add tomato paste and tomatoes. Season. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Stir in sugar, vinegar and capers.
- Serve risoni topped with pork and tomato sauce.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||81.3 g|
|- Sugars||16.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.6 g|