A fresh chicken salad with avocado and snow peas. With a tricolour quinoa blend and a zesty orange dressing, this is a delicious, filling and gluten-free salad.
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 cup tricolour quinoa blend (190g), rinsed
- 300 g snow peas, trimmed
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 green spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jug. Mix well.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat an oiled grill plate over a medium to high heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Remove. Cut into 3cm pieces. Place in a bowl with half the dressing.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to packet directions. Place in a bowl. Cool.
- Place peas in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 minute. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- To serve, combine quinoa with peas, tomatoes, salad leaves and remaining dressing. Top with chicken and avocado.
For a slightly sweeter dressing, add 1 tbsp honey. Quinoa can be cooked up to one day ahead. Keep, covered, in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||33.8 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.8 g|