Using packet cake mix, this cake is super easy to make. With a purple middle and blue icing, this eye-catching cake is perfect for children's birthday parties.
- 2 x 540 g packet strawberries and cream cake mix
- ingredients to prepare cake mix (see packet)
- 250 g fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
- 250 g butter, softened
- 3 ½ cups icing sugar mixture
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- Teal gel food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan forced). Line 2 x 20cm round cake pans with baking paper. Individually prepare cake mixes, adding half the strawberries to each mix. Pour into cake pans. Bake for 50-55 min or until cooked. Cool for 10 min. Cool completely on wire rack. Trim cakes to level.
- Meanwhile, beat butter in a large bowl, using electric beaters, until creamy. Gradually add icing sugar, beating until combined. Add vanilla and milk and beat for 5 min. Add in the colouring.
- Assemble cakes onto a serving platter, sandwiching together with some of the buttercream. Spread the remaining buttercream over the top and sides of the cake. Place the vanilla flavoured frosting, that came in the packet cake mixes, into a piping bag fitted with a 3mm plain nozzle. Decorate with icing shapes of choice. Decorate top with cachous if desired. Cut into wedges to serve.
Our cake was specifically made for Teal Ribbon Day in support of Ovarian Cancer awareness and therefore features Ovarian cancer symbols. You can choose to use any symbols you like, or if supporting Teal Ribbon Day, simply pipe the Ovarian cancer symbols around the outer edge of the top of the cake in step 3.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||10.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||52.2 g|
|- Sugars||42.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.2 g|