Fizz and fruit are a cool combo in these delightful little dessert pots. Make the most of summer peaches and pair them with a little pink sparkling wine.
- 750 ml bottle Yellowglen soft sparkling rose
- 250 ml (1 cup) diet lemonade
- 40 g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthways
- 3 large peaches, halved
- 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled
- 6 x 40 g scoops lemon sorbet
- mint leaves, to serve
- Put sparkling wine, lemonade, sugar and mint in a large saucepan. Using a small sharp knife, scrape vanilla seeds into the pan. Add pod to the pan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Add peaches and cover with a round of baking paper. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until peaches are soft. Remove paper, then add strawberries to pan. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
- Pour fruit and cooking liquid into a large heatproof dish. Set aside for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, or until well chilled.
- Peel skin off peaches (if you like). Place 1 peach half and a few strawberries in each shallow serving bowl. Spoon over a little of the poaching liquid. Serve with a scoop of sorbet and mint leaves.
You can replace the peaches with nectarines and the lemon sorbet with a mango or berry sorbet.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.2 g|
|- Sugars||27.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|