Everyone’s favourite summer sandwich. Cookies + ice-cream = double delight! Serve them up next time you have people over, as a chilled, after-dinner dessert.
- 30 g light margarine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed until smooth
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 g (⅓ cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 50 g (⅓ cup) plain flour
- 30 g (¼ cup) milk chocolate melts
- 6 x 40 g scoops light vanilla ice cream
- icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fanforced). Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Put margarine and sugar in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined. Add banana and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the flours and mix until combined. Stir in choc bits.
- To make cookies, drop 3 tsp of dough mixture onto the lined tray and use lightly floured hands to spread out to about a 7cm round. Repeat to make 12 cookies in total.
- Bake cookies for 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Set aside on the trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Place 6 cookies on lined tray. Put 1 scoop ice-cream on each cookie, spreading out to cover cookie. Place remaining cookies on top of ice-cream, pressing down to make a sandwich.Freeze for 15 minutes to allow ice-cream to firm up. Dust with icing sugar, if using, and serve.
Once the ice-cream sandwiches have firmed up, wrap individually in freezer wrap and place in a large airtight container. They will keep for up to 1 month.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||35.8 g|
|- Sugars||10.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|