The whole family will go nuts over this berrylicious brownie. With walnut pieces and fresh raspberries, it's the perfect combo of nutty, chocolatey sweetness.
- 2 x 125 g punnet raspberries
- 50 g (½ cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 80 g (½ cup, lightly packed) dark brown sugar
- 55 g (⅓ cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 50 g (⅓ cup) self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 80 g light margarine, melted
- 2 x 60g eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 ripe banana, mashed until smooth
- 30 g walnut pieces, roughly chopped
- icing sugar or cocoa powder, for dusting, to serve
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fanforced). Spray a 16cm x 26cm (base measurement) lamington tin with cooking spray. Line with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang sides.
- Put 1 punnet raspberries in a bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Put cocoa, sugar and flours in a large bowl, mixing to combine. Add margarine, eggs, banana and mashed raspberries, whisking until smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin. Spread out using back of spoon until smooth. Push remaining raspberries and walnuts into top of batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool brownies in tin for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut brownies into 18 pieces and serve dusted with icing sugar or cocoa powder.
PER SERVE 396kJ, protein 2g, total fat 3.7g (sat. fat 0.8g), carbs 12g, fibre 2g, sodium 72mg • Carb exchanges ¾ • GI estimate medium
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||11.8 g|
|- Sugars||5.5 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.2 g|