These pretty little puds are bursting with berry goodness. Packed with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries & blueberries, it's a fruity after-dinner treat.
- 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, sliced
- 125 g punnet blueberries
- 125 g punnet raspberries
- 125 g punnet blackberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) water
- 8 slices (120g) low-GI white bread, crusts removed
- 250 g mixed berries, to serve
- Line 4 x 160ml (2⁄3-cup capacity) ramekins or moulds with plastic wrap, allowing plastic to overhang sides.
- Put strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, sugar, cinnamon and water in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and berries start releasing their juices. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside for 1 hour to cool. Strain mixture through a fine sieve, reserving 60ml (¼-cup) of juice.
- Put bread slices on a clean surface and, using a rolling pin, roll out each slice until very thin. Brush bread slices with a little of the reserved juice. Using 2 slices per mould, trim bread lining to fit moulds, leaving enough to cover tops.
- Divide berry mixture and a few tbsp of juice between the prepared moulds. Cover tops with bread, pushing down firmly to enclose. Cover each mould with overhanging plastic wrap. Put on a tray and refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap plastic lining and use to lift puddings out of moulds. Turn each pudding out onto individual serving plates. Carefully remove plastic lining. Serve drizzled with reserved berry juice and top with mixed berries.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||57.3 g|
|- Sugars||26.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.5 g|