Great as a lunch box filler, this tasty treat can be served warm or cold. The pretty blueberry sweet bread will also make a fantastic slice with a cup of tea.
- cooking spray
- 125 g Pantalica Light Smooth ricotta
- 50 g light margarine, melted
- 2 x (60g) eggs, lightly whisked
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 160 g (⅔ cup) caster sugar
- 160 g (1 cup) wholemeal self-raising flour
- 50 g (⅓ cup) plain flour
- 125 g punnet blueberries
- Preheat oven to 170°C (fan-forced). Spray a 5.5cm deep 9cm x 19cm (base measurement) loaf tin with cooking spray. Line tin with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang sides.
- Put ricotta, margarine, eggs, lemon zest and juice, vanilla extract and sugar in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Put flours in a small bowl and toss in blueberries. Add flour mixture to ricotta mixture, stirring to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and smooth down surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in pan for 10 minutes. Turn loaf out onto a wire rack and slice into 12 pieces. Serve warm or cold.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.9 g|
|Total carbohydrates||28.0 g|
|- Sugars||15.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.8 g|