This fast meal will become a family favourite. Kids will love the deconstructed component, and with it giving you the option to add what you like, you will too!
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 sachet taco seasoning mix
- 125 g canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 taco shells
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- salsa, to serve
- shaved cheese, to serve
- finely sliced red onion, to serve
- chopped avocado, to serve (optional)
- Add spice mix from taco kit to mince meat and cook as per packet directions. Add kidney beans. Return to simmer and cook a further 3 min.
- Heat taco shells as directed. Cut iceberg lettuce into wedges. Arrange mince, lettuce wedges and shredded carrots and cucumber onto plates. Serve with taco shells and salsa. Garnish with some shaved cheese and finely sliced red onion and chopped avocado if desired.
Taco Toastie: Try taco mince in toasties with a little extra cheese or serve over cooked rice with salsa, lettuce and chopped tomatoes.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.6 g|
|- Sugars||5.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.8 g|