This delicious quinoa porridge is cafe-worthy. Topped with red apples in a vanilla-infused syrup, this coconut & almond porridge is a filling & healthy brekkie.
- ¾ cup quinoa flakes
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup flaked almonds
- 400 ml canned light coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut water
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 170 g tub Greek coconut yoghurt
- ½ cup toasted muesli
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
Apples in syrup
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ vanilla bean, split
- 2 medium Royal Gala apples, thinly sliced into rounds
- To make apples in syrup, put the water and sugar in a medium frying pan over a medium–high heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add to pan. Bring to the boil. Add apple slices and push under syrup until covered. Cook for about 10 minutes or until apples are transparent and syrup has thickened. Transfer to a bowl. This can be done the day before and kept covered in a cool place.
- Put quinoa flakes, oats, coconut, coconut milk, coconut water, milk and honey in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Stir until combined and mixture comes to a gentle boil. Gently boil for 5-7 minutes or until thickened to desired consistency.
- Divide between bowls. Pour over a little extra milk. Top with apple slices, bananas and yoghurt. Drizzle with a little apple syrup. Sprinkle with muesli and pistachios and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||11.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||121.4 g|
|- Sugars||75.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||13.0 g|