Serve these mango lamingtons at your next summertime soiree and watch them disappear! The coconut-coated fluffy cakes with mango icing are refreshingly sweet.
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup cornflour
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ cup hot water
- 4 cups (320g) shredded coconut
- 1 ¼ cups chopped mango (2 chopped mangoes)
- 2 cups pure icing sugar
- ⅓ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and sides of an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan with baking paper overhanging edges by 2cm. Sift flours twice into a small bowl.
- Beat eggs and vanilla in the large bowl of an electric mixer for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Gradually add sugar whilst continuing to beat for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Sift flours, again, over the top of egg mixture. Add water and fold in until combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and springs back when pressed. Stand for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make mango icing, puree mango in a food processor or blender. Sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Add puree and milk and whisk until smooth. Trim any rough sides from sponge then cut into 28 squares. Place coconut in a shallow tray.
- Dip sponge in mango mixture, allowing excess to drain off. Coat with coconut. Transfer to a wire rack to set for one hour. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||20.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||19.8 g|
|- Sugars||15.9 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.0 g|