Crispy fish pieces are served in mini hamburgers with Japanese mayonnaise, coriander and turmeric, alongside a fresh green mango salad – great for entertaining!
- 750 g sea perch or ling fish fillets, medium thickness
- ½ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 12 mini bread rolls (slider rolls) or dinner rolls
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, cut into ribbons
- ¾ cup Japanese mayonnaise (Kewpie)
Green mango salad
- 3 fresh green mangoes, peeled, julienned (see tips, below)
- ½ small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- To make green mango salad, combine mango, red onion, mint, coriander, basil and chilli in a medium bowl. Combine fish sauce, lime juice and sugar in a small jug. Stir then set aside.
- Cut fish into 12 squares a little larger than buns. Combine flour, turmeric, coriander and salt in a shallow bowl. Coat fish pieces in seasoned flour and place in a single layer on a tray.
- Fill the bottom of a large non-stick frying pan with oil, until it reaches about 3mm deep and place over a medium-high heat. Add fish pieces in two batches, cook for 4-5 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through (cooking time will vary depending on thickness). Drain on paper towel.
- Split buns in half, toast cut side down on an oiled char-grill plate, or serve fresh. Add dressing to green mango salad and toss until combined. Place bottom buns on a serving platter or board. Swirl two cucumber ribbons on bottom buns. Squeeze some mayonnaise on top and then top with a piece of fish. Top with mango salad and burger lids. Serve immediately.
Green mangoes are available from some gourmet green grocers. You can use a mango shredding tool or julienne slicer to shred mango. Find both online or from kitchenware stores.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||30.6 g|
|- Sugars||11.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.1 g|