Fire up the barbie and let the aroma of luscious lamb tickle those senses. It's a great leg of lamb to enjoy on Australia Day, and it's gluten-free, too!
- 1 kg boned and butterflied leg of lamb, all excess fat removed
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp sumac
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup dill leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Put lamb, oil, paprika, sumac, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, parsley, rosemary and garlic in a large shallow dish. Turn to coat, rubbing the mixture all over the lamb. Cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- Preheat a barbecue to 170°C (if cooking lamb in the oven, preheat to 150°C fan-forced). Heat a heatproof and barbecue-safe roasting pan until hot. Add lamb and brown for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until well browned. Cover with foil and cook in a barbecue with lid down (or in an oven) for 45 minutes.
- Transfer lamb to a dish and cover with foil. Set aside for 10 minutes to rest. Diagonally slice lamb across the grain and place on a serving platter. Serve with rosemary potatoes (see tip)
Rosemary potatoes: Place 16 medium-sized chat potatoes into a pan of boiling water. Cook for 10 minutes or until tender, and drain well. Cut the potatoes in half and return to the pan with 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary and 2 tbsp olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve warm.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||1.1 g|
|- Sugars||0.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|