This fast scallop and prawn seafood salad comes with an orange & mayonnaise balsamic vinegar dressing, and is the perfect main for a buffet-style dinner.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 600 g green prawns, peeled and deveined, halved lengthways
- 12 scallops (roe intact), cleaned, halved
- 40 g baby rocket leaves
- 1 ½ cups watercress, leaves picked
- 1 head baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- ⅓ cup dill leaves
- 150 g cooked crabmeat
- 2 tbsp 97% fat-free mayonnaise or gluten-free mayonnaise
- juice of ½ orange
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped dill
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Reheat pan over a high heat and add scallops. Cook, turning once, for 2 minutes or until scallops are just cooked through. Transfer to the plate and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss rocket, watercress, fennel, cucumber and dill in a large bowl. Add prawns, scallops and crab meat to the salad. Toss to combine. Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Drizzle dressing over salad and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3.2 g|
|- Sugars||1.1 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|