Zesty and sweet, this delicious drink is perfect for summer celebrations. Using real strawberries, vanilla bean and lime, it's a uniquely-flavoured fizzy drink.
- 1 x 250 g punnet fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 125 ml (½ cup) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 60 g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 3 tbsp Equal powdered sugar substitute
- 60 ml (¼ cup) water
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half, lengthways
- 1.25 litre bottle chilled soda water
- 1 lime, halved and thinly sliced
- 8 small fresh strawberries, hulled, thinly sliced into rounds
- Put strawberry halves, lime juice, sugar, Equal and water in a small saucepan. Using a small, sharp knife, scrape seeds out of vanilla bean into the pan. Add bean to the pan. Bring mixture to a simmer over a medium heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool. Remove vanilla bean.
- Place strawberry mixture in a small food processor and blend until smooth. Push through a sieve into a small container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pour chilled strawberry syrup into a large jug. Gradually stir in soda water, letting the fizz settle before adding more. Stir in lime and strawberry slices. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||12.0 g|
|- Sugars||9.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|