What's better than an Aussie, summertime pavlova? A summertime pav that's easy! This recipe takes less than an hour and is topped with fresh, seasonal fruit.
- cooking spray
- 5 eggwhites (from 60g eggs), at room temperature
- 220 g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour or gluten-free cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 1 ½ tubs (225 g) Fruche vanilla bean fromage frais
- 150 g low-fat fresh ricotta
- 2 small peaches, thinly sliced
- 125 g punnet raspberries
- 4 passionfruit, pulp removed
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced). Spray a 24 x 30cm (base measurement) swiss roll pan with cooking spray. Line pan with baking paper, allowing it to overhang the sides.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk eggwhites until soft peaks form. Add sugar 1 tbsp at a time, whisking well between each addition until sugar dissolves. Add cornflour and vinegar. Use a large spatula to mix until combined.
- Spoon meringue into the pan and spread out evenly. Bake for 10 minutes or until meringue is light golden brown on top. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Place a piece of baking paper dusted with icing sugar on a large board. Place board on top of the pan and carefully turn out onto the paper. Remove baking paper from meringue base. Place a large rectangular serving platter on top of meringue and turn back onto the platter.
- Whisk frûche and ricotta in a bowl. Spread mixture over the top of meringue. Top with peach slices, raspberries and passionfruit. Serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.6 g|
|- Sugars||37.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.6 g|