This easy French toast makes a quick breakfast recipe for two. Topped with walnuts, ricotta and honey, its egg mixture is spiced with sweet, cinnamon sugar.
- 2 pieces low-GI white bread, cut in half diagonally
- 1 (60g) egg, whisked
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 2 tsp light margarine
- 3 tbsp Pantalica smooth light ricotta
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 20 g roughly chopped walnuts
- honey, to serve
- Dip bread pieces into mixture of egg, cinnamon sugar and milk. Heat margarine in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the bread and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Place 2 pieces of bread on each serving plate. Divide ricotta, banana and walnuts. Drizzle a little honey over each.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.3 g|
|- Sugars||11.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|