Forget regular scrambled eggs – this recipe for Mexican-style eggs only takes 10 minutes, and has extra flavour thanks to added coriander, chilli and lime.
- ½ tsp light margarine
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp finely chopped fresh chilli
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander roots
- 2 eggs (120g)
- 2 tbsp skim milk
- 2 x 30 g slices sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 squeeze lime
- Heat margarine in a small non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, fresh chilli and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add eggs whisked with milk. Cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until the egg is just set.
- Place toasted sourdough bread on a serving plate. Spoon the egg mixture over the bread. Combine tomato, coriander leaves and a lime. Spoon over the egg mixture.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.2 g|
|Total carbohydrates||38.5 g|
|- Sugars||6.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.7 g|