Everyone loves a burger – with a herby hit of basil and onion that is sweet as! This recipe is a goodie for when you're at home alone as it only serves one.
- ½ tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, halved, very thinly sliced
- 100 g extra-lean beef mince
- ½ slice (15 g) low-GI white bread or gluten-free white bread, processed into crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp no-salt lemon pepper seasoning blend
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 70 g wholemeal roll or gluten-free roll, split
- 3 slices ripe tomato
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 1 tsp F. Whitlock & Sons tomato chutney
- Heat oil in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until very soft.
- Meanwhile, combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg yolk and seasoning in a small bowl. Shape mixture into a patty. Preheat a chargrill pan on medium-high. Spray patty with cooking spray. Add to pan and cook for 2½ minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Add sugar and vinegar to onion. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring often, for 2-3 minutes or until onion is golden and sticky.
- Put roll base on a serving plate. Top with tomato, basil, patty, onion mixture and chutney. Add roll top and serve.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.5 g|
|- Sugars||15.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.5 g|