Relive all your favourite childhood memories with this marshmallow, chocolate-topped, biscuit-based, Wagon Wheel slice – your friends will love it too!
- 300 g digestive biscuits
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tsp powdered gelatine
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- ⅓ cup raspberry jam
- 200 g block dark cooking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base of pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To make marshmallow, sprinkle gelatine over ¼ cup of the water in a small heatproof jug. Sit jug in a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove.
- Beat sugar and remaining water in a bowl of an electric mixer on a high speed for 4 minutes. With motor operating on a medium speed, beat in gelatine mixture in a thin, steady stream. Continue beating for a further 6 minutes, or until thick and fluffy.
- Stir jam in a bowl until smooth. Gently fold through marshmallow. Immediately spread over base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- To make topping, stir chocolate and oil in a medium heatproof bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water until smooth. Pour over marshmallow. Smooth over top. Refrigerate until set.
- Before cutting into squares, remove slice from fridge 15 minutes beforehand.
When making the marshmallow, we used an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Slice can be made up to four days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||12.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.5 g|
|- Sugars||26.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.0 g|