These lunchbox-friendly muesli bars are made from rolled oats and breakfast cereal. They're baked and full of delicious seeds and dried fruits. They can also be frozen!
- 1 cup Special K cereal, or other lightly toasted rice and whole wheat cereal flakes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (choose your own favourites – we chose sultanas, apricots and craisins)
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- 2 tbsp sunflower kernels
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp wholemeal plain flour or spelt flour
- 1 egg
- 1 eggwhite
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced). Line the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice pan with baking paper. Combine first five ingredients in a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In a bowl, whisk egg and egg white together until frothy. Pour into the well along with grape seed oil and rice malt syrup. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan, pressing down with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 25-30 min or until golden brown. Allow to stand in pan for 10 min before cutting into 14 bars using a sharp serrated knife. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Wrap muesli bars individually in paper or plastic wrap, then again in foil. Label, date and freeze. Allow to thaw at room temperature before eating.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||18.1 g|
|- Sugars||4.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||2.8 g|