These low-fat spring rolls are baked not fried! Full of carrot, zucchini, Chinese cabbage, corn and vermicelli noodles, they're a tasty vegetarian party option.
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 1 zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 cups finely shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 55 g packet vermicelli noodles, soaked, drained and cut into short lengths
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 16 frozen spring roll wrappers, thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with olive oil. Add spring/green onions, garlic, carrot, zucchini, cabbage and corn. Cook, stirring, for 5-6 min. Add noodles and soy sauce, cook 1 min. Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Line a large tray with baking paper. Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a clean surface. Spoon ¼ cup mixture into corner of wrapper. Brush edges with water then fold over and roll up firmly to enclose. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place onto tray, brush lightly with olive oil and bake for 15-20 min or until lightly golden. Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
After filling and rolling spring rolls, freeze in a single layer on a baking tray covered with plastic wrap. Once fully frozen, place into zip-lock bags. To cook from frozen, increase cooking time by 5 min.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||13.0 g|
|- Sugars||1.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.0 g|