These delicious chicken and vegie pies will become a go-to thanks to their clever freeze option. They can be partly made-ahead, frozen and baked when needed!
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup peas, thawed
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 420 g tinned low-fat condensed chicken soup
- 4 filo pastry sheets
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and lightly grease 4 x 1¼ cup capacity ramekins or dishes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add leek and cook, stirring for 5 min. Remove and set aside. Cook chicken in batches for 2-3 min or until sealed and lightly golden, then return leek and all chicken.
- Add carrots, capsicum, peas, wine and thyme. Cook until wine evaporates. Stir in the flour and cook 1 min. Blend in milk and soup. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Season to taste and spoon mixture into ramekins.
- Top with scrunched filo pastry. Spray with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 min or until golden brown. Serve with a mixed salad.
Make pies up to step 3. Cool, then top with scrunched filo. Cover with plastic wrap and foil. Freeze for up to 2 months. Defrost and bake for 20-25 min as described in step 4.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||6.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.9 g|
|- Sugars||7.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.8 g|