This easy recipe is a great way to experiment with making your own gelato. It only takes 25 minutes to prep, then the rest of the work is done by the freezer!
- 4 cups milk
- ½ cup Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 100 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 4- 6 waffle cones, to serve
- Whisk together milk, cocoa, sugar and cornflour. Stir over a low heat for 5-8 min until thickened. Remove from heat, add the chocolate and stir until combined.
- Pour into a shallow container and freeze until frozen around the edges, around 45 min. Remove from the freezer and transfer to a bowl. Beat well using electric beaters.
- Return to container and re-freeze, repeating this beating step once more. Cover the surface directly with plastic wrap and freeze until required. Stand in the refrigerator for 15 min before serving. Scoop into waffle cones or serve in bowls with fresh berries if desired.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||5.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||69.9 g|
|- Sugars||50.8 g|
|Dietary fibre||8.5 g|