Use peanut butter in this chargrilled chicken satay dish, served with instant noodles and vegies, with sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and fresh herbs.
- 1 tbsp no sugar added chunky peanut butter
- 2 tsp salt-reduced soy sauce or gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce or gluten-free sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ square (30 g) 99% fat-free, long life noodles, or gluten-free noodles
- ½ stick celery, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup coriander leaves
- 3 chicken tenderloins, trimmed of fat, sinew removed
- cooking spray
- Put peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce and lime juice in a small bowl. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Cook noodles in a small saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add celery, carrot and coriander to noodles. Add 1 tbsp of peanut mixture. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- Preheat a chargrill plate on medium-high. Thread 1 tenderloin onto 1 small bamboo skewer (see tips, below). Repeat with remaining chicken to make 3 skewers. Spray with cooking spray. Add to chargrill and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Transfer noodle salad to a serving plate. Top with chicken skewers and drizzle over remaining peanut mixture.
Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning. You can replace the chicken with 125g lean rump steak strips, and use parsley instead of coriander.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||3.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||34.9 g|
|- Sugars||8.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.3 g|