Create a satisfying meal with minimal cooking! This tandoori chicken salad is made with coriander, avo and cucumber, and served with an easy yoghurt dressing.
- 2 tbsp tandoori paste
- 600 g chicken tenderloins
- 125 g packet small roti bread
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 cup firmly packed coriander leaves
- 1 avocado, halved, sliced
- 1 ⅓ cups Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make yoghurt dressing, place 1 cup of the yoghurt in a food processor with mint and cumin. Season with salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Combine paste, remaining yoghurt and chicken in a medium bowl. Stir until coated.
- Heat a lightly oiled, large, nonstick frying pan over a medium heat. Add rotis in two batches. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until crisp and golden. Remove. Cover to keep warm. Tear into large pieces.
- Heat oil in same pan over a medium heat. Add chicken. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove. Cut in half diagonally.
- To serve, toss lettuce, cucumber, onion, coriander, rotis and chicken in a large bowl. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with avocado. Drizzle over yoghurt dressing.
Replace rotis with pappadams, if you prefer. Spray 3 large pappadams with cooking spray and place on microwave plate. Cook on high for about 1 minute.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.6 g|
|Total carbohydrates||23.8 g|
|- Sugars||7.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||9.8 g|