Bananas give these fruit muffins real flavour. Using store-bought white chocolate frosting, it's a fast recipe to prep, and a great way to use up bananas!
- 1 ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp maple-flavoured syrup
- ½ cup ready-to-spread white frosting
- 1 small banana, peeled, sliced
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3 - cup capacity) with muffin wraps.
- Sift flour and soda into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add mashed banana, oil, eggs and syrup. Stir until combined. Divide evenly among prepared pan holes.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove. Stand for 10 minutes in pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with a dollop of frosting and sliced banana.
You will need two medium bananas (about 175g each) for 1 cup mashed banana. Un-iced muffins will keep for up to three days, stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||2.1 g|
|Total carbohydrates||40.4 g|
|- Sugars||25.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||0.9 g|