This vegetarian Tom Yum fried rice is a great fried rice recipe base. Keep it as it is as a side, or add extras like tofu, prawns or beef to make it a main.
- 450 g packet family size microwave jasmine rice
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp tom yum paste
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 green spring onions, finely sliced
- 300 g packet Asian-style coleslaw mix
- lime wedges, to serve
- diagonally sliced green spring onions, to garnish
- Heat rice according to packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until rice is separated. Make a well in the centre. Add eggs. Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until eggs are scrambled through rice.
- Add paste and sauce. Stir-fry for 1 minute, or until combined. Add spring onions and coleslaw with dressing sachet from packet. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes, or until hot. Stir through fried onions from packet (if available).
- Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with sliced spring onions.
Try adding cooked, peeled and deveined school prawns with coleslaw for an added touch of Thai.
Coleslaw kits are available in different varieties from major supermarkets.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||1.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||42.8 g|
|- Sugars||4.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||3.7 g|