Don't miss out on your baked favourites due to your gluten intolerance – this gluten-free raspberry bread loaf with almonds & coconut is dense and delicious!
- 1 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- ⅔ cup caster sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- spreadable butter, to serve (optional)
- Grease a 12cm x 22cm medium loaf pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above pan edges.
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in almond meal and coconut. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine butter, sugar, milk, eggs and rind in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Add raspberries. Fold in gently. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth over top. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), covering lightly with foil if top starts to over-brown, for about 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove. Stand loaf in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
If using frozen raspberries, do not thaw before adding to cake mixture.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||9.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||36.3 g|
|- Sugars||26.6 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.1 g|