This 5-ingredient beef recipe takes sausages from boring to barbecued beauties! Served with pita bread and tzatziki, sausages are grilled with zucchini & mint.
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced with a vegetable peeler
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 8 thick beef sausages, parboiled
- 200 g tzatziki
- 8 small wholemeal pita breads, lightly toasted
- Place zucchini, mint and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Season with pepper and toss to combine. Set aside for 10 min to marinate.
- Thread one end of a sausage onto a soaked wooden or metal skewer, then thread/weave on 2 zucchini slices. Then push skewer through the other end of the sausage. Repeat process with remaining sausages and zucchini.
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan over medium heat. Cook the sausage skewers for 4-5 min on each side or until sausages are browned and zucchini is tender. Serve with tzatziki dip and pita bread. Garnish with lemon wedges and mint sprigs.
You can chop sausages, or use sliced chorizo if you prefer. Thread onto skewers with cherry tomatoes, zucchini and button mushrooms.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||13.7 g|
|Total carbohydrates||24.6 g|
|- Sugars||2.7 g|
|Dietary fibre||6.5 g|