When you only have time for a store-bought sausage dinner, quickly turn it into this spicy, creamy curry. It only takes 20 minutes to make and is gluten-free!
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 fresh long green chillies, finely sliced (optional)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chicken stock powder
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 500 g gluten-free pork sausages, cooked and sliced
- 400 ml canned coconut milk
- 1 sprig curry leaves, leaves picked
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds and cook until seeds start to pop. Add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 2-3 min.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for 2-3 min until soft. Stir in spices and 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper and cook for 1 min. Add sausages and cook, stirring until coated.
- Add the coconut milk and bring gently to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 min. Stir in curry leaves and remove from heat. Serve with cooked basmati rice.
This is easily made with chicken or beef sausages too. For a vegetarian alternative, use some vegie sausages and add in some beans, spinach leaves or diced pumpkin if you like.
Pre-cook the sausages by grilling or pan frying.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||19.0 g|
|Total carbohydrates||8.9 g|
|- Sugars||3.3 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|