Recipe by: Charmaine Knox
Make a classic Aussie favourite with this damper recipe. Using only 4 ingredients, it's an easy bread recipe that can be enjoyed at any part of the day.
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk, plus extra 1 tsp milk
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Whisk egg with 1 teaspoon extra milk and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced). Grease a baking tray with cooking spray. Sift flour and 2 teaspoons salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Add milk and ¾ cup water to the well. Using a blunt knife, mix quickly until a dough forms. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently for 30 sec or until smooth.
- Shape dough into a round loaf shape and transfer to baking tray. Brush top with egg mixture and bake for 30-35 min, or until damper sounds hollow then
tapped. Turn onto a wire rack to cool briefly. Serve warm, with butter.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||49.8 g|
|- Sugars||3.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||1.8 g|