Recipe by: Veronica Child
A fabulous idea for a gift, this jam recipe makes a large batch so there's plenty to share around. Spread it on your afternoon scones or brekkie toast!
- 700 g navel oranges, washed
- 750 g lemons, washed
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 kg white sugar, warmed in the microwave
- ½ cup rum
- Quarter fruit and thinly slice, reserving seeds. Wrap the seeds in a piece of muslin and tie with kitchen string to enclose.
- Place orange, lemon, muslin wrapped seeds, raisins and 6 cups water into a large heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hr to 1 hr 30 min or until rind is very soft.
- Add warmed sugar, stirring until fully dissolved. Return to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and boil gently, stirring occasionally, for 1 hr or until mixture reaches setting point. Remove marmalade from heat immediately and stand for 10 min. Stir in rum. Ladle into sterilised jars and seal. Label, date and store in a cool, dark place.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.3 g|
|Total carbohydrates||3263.4 g|
|- Sugars||3192.4 g|
|Dietary fibre||30.9 g|