This 20-minute dinner with chicken sausages, sweet corn, snow peas and capsicum, is tossed through black bean sauce to create an Asian-style stir-fry winner.
- 8 thin chicken sausages
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 3 green spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 425 g canned young whole sweetcorn, drained and each cut in half
- ¼ cup black bean sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook for 5-6 min, turning often, or until browned all over. Remove and set aside to cool slightly before cutting into bite-size pieces.
- Add a further 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in the pan. Return sliced sausages and stir-fry for 2-3 min or until sausages brown. Add capsicum, stir-fry 2 min, then add snow peas, spring/green onions and corn. Stir-fry for 2-3 min or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add black bean sauce and ¼ cup water. Stir-fry until piping hot and sausages and vegies are well coated. Drizzle over sesame oil and toss to coat. Serve with cooked rice and quinoa mix. Garnish with spring/green onion curls if desired.
Prefer a sweeter stir-fry? Try this with plum sauce instead. Replace the black bean sauce with ⅓ cup bottled plum sauce and 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||4.4 g|
|Total carbohydrates||10.5 g|
|- Sugars||7.0 g|
|Dietary fibre||4.3 g|