A great low-fat & egg-free option for a budget-friendly (and easy) weeknight dinner. The savoury pancakes are packed with corn and served with tomato beans.
- 2 x 400 g canned corn kernels
- ¼ cup polenta
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- Sea salt and black cracked pepper, to season
- finely grated mozzarella, to serve
- coriander leaves, to garnish
Green beans & tomatos
- 250 g trimmed and blanched green beans
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 sliced garlic clove
- 400 g canned diced tomatoes
- Drain kernels and place into a food processor. Process for 30 sec, then add polenta and plain flour and process again. Season with sea salt flakes and a little cracked black pepper.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick pan and cook pancakes for 2-3 min in batches, using about ⅓ cup portions of the mixture. Serve topped with finely grated mozzarella cheese and green beans & tomatoes (see below). Garnish with coriander leaves.
Green beans & tomato
- Add beans to a pan. Add a little olive oil and garlic. Cook for 1 min. Pour over tomatoes and warm through.
Try a spoonful of lite sour cream on top of these tasty corn treats!
This recipe is…
Please note, nutritional information is approximate and based on the uncooked ingredients.
|- Saturated fat||0.5 g|
|Total carbohydrates||54.4 g|
|- Sugars||9.2 g|
|Dietary fibre||7.3 g|